Measures and benchmarks against emission standards
Company: Top 20 Natural Gas Exploration and Production Company
Location: U.S. West
Solution: Intelligent Sustainability Management System (ISMS)
Identify and seal leaky well pads
To support energy sustainability, this Top 20 Natural Gas Exploration and Production Company ensures that the thousands of well pads in its care are environmentally sound.
With the UN reporting that the atmospheric concentration of methane is increasing faster now than at any time since the 1980s, and more than 1 million species are at risk of extinction, the company wanted to avoid contributing to greenhouse gas (GHG) leaks and emissions.
Its first challenge was the significant gaps and inconsistencies in empirical and siloed data the company had collected: For example, a well pad may have been identified as leaking, but by how much? And how far were the GHGs spreading?
This information is essential in meeting its second challenge: not just completing land analyses and planning, but also containing and preventing leakage — cost-effectively — in keeping with emergent environmental policies.
Fill in the blanks, point to solutions with satellite data and AI
The company deployed AiDash Intelligent Sustainability Management System (ISMS) solution to detect and measure GHGs, and benchmark against standards and zone-level emissions. ISMS detects and predicts key issues to prevent or reduce leakage by using satellite-collected imagery and artificial intelligence (AI), as well as data from other sources, such as aircraft and ground sensors.
This climate technology provides capabilities for the company to:
- Examine results based on wind direction and speed data.
- Get sound analysis that considers how many people and livestock in the vicinity may be impacted and how long it takes gas to dilute.
- Determine how results sync with EPA guidelines and align with Defra 3.0 and/or regional biodiversity standards.
- Set goals in keeping with emerging regulations and measure sustainability impact from a single platform.
Handle leaks, puts emergency plans in place
Using the AiDash ISMS solution, the natural gas company is now better able to manage its business, people, and the environment. The company can easily define goals, plan, and improve natural capital metrics and GHG levels, and:
- Reduces air sustainability costs by 70% to 90%.
- Decreases time needed for site analyses from months to days.
- Proactively find and fix leaks.
- Makes data-driven recommendations for the next courses of action.
- Takes steps to be ready with prepared evacuation plans in case they are necessary.
AiDash is an AI-first vertical SaaS company on a mission to transform operations, maintenance, and sustainability in industries with geographically distributed assets by using satellites and AI at scale. With access to a continual, near real-time stream of critical data, utilities, energy, mining, and other core industries can make more informed decisions and build optimized long-term plans, all while reducing costs, improving reliability, and achieving sustainability goals. To learn more about how AiDash is helping core industries become more resilient, efficient, and sustainable, visit www.aidash.com.